If you look around, you will realize how marine pollution has flooded our lives. Products’ packaging, cosmetic ingredients, textiles or plasticwares. Marine pollution is everywhere.

Despite the efforts made in past years, the planet is crying out to take a break. It is in our hands to join the change and every bit is important.

Marine pollution

200 kilograms of waste per second

The shell of a turtle deformed by a plastic ring. A sperm whale that stores more than a hundred plastic objects inside. Plastic bags floating in the sea that look like jellyfishes. These are the pictures that appear on social networks every day.

According to the United Nations (UN), this type of waste has managed to end with the lives of one million birds and 100,000 mammals. This same organization discloses that, if we do not stop it in time, in 2,050 there will be in the oceans more plastic than fishes.

This situation of overproduction and exploitation not only affects animals, but also our health. Recently, a study showed that, after analyzing the intestine of several people, this organ presented particles of different types of plastic.

It is simple, if the fish has microplastics inside, they will end up, one way or another, in our dishes.

Marine pollution

How does plastic reach the oceans?

Think of the plastic bag we use when we go to the supermarket to buy a few oranges. When we arrive at home, most of us break it and place the fruit in the fridge or in a fruit bowl.

What do we do with that plastic bag later? We throw it away or, in the best case, we recycle it.

The short life cycle of this plastic bag is overwhelming. This is an example but stop for a second and think about the amount of plastic you use every day.

When we get rid of something made of plastic, it can take three paths: rubbish heap, incineration or recycling. However, many of them end up in waterways and oceans due to accidental spills or effluents from purification plants.


80% of maritime waist comes from the land, while the remaining 20% comes from maritime activities. The situation is alarming.

However, there are five areas of concentration of this material, known as “islands”, in the subtropics: one in the Indian Ocean, two in the Atlantic Ocean and another two in the Pacific Ocean.

A life-preserver committed to life and the environment

At OneUP, we are aware of the importance of taking care of our planet. The beauty of the ocean is a unique wonder among nature and the enjoyment of it make us very lucky. Protecting it is the least we can do for it.

Our main goal is to create a sustainable citizen life-saving network. Therefore, one of the critical aspects at the time of manufacturing OneUP, were the materials. Our device is 100% recyclable.

OneUP is a 6.5 inches portable life-preserver. It activates when in contact with water and deploys in less than 2 seconds. It can be used by children and adults up to 150 kilograms. In addition, it is 50% cheaper than the rest of the life-preserves on the market, which makes it more accessible.

It is a small product that can be transported in large quantities and it is easy to throw from a safe distance.

OneUP lifesaving device

5 components that make a difference

OneUP’s internal structure is divided into:

  1. Pressurized bottle: to 110 Newton that contains 24 gr of CO2. It works as a OneUP’s gas pump.
  2. Valve: designed to run the pressurized gas that is inside the ring. It keeps the gas inside the bottle, so the float stays inflated for weeks.
  3. Main body: it is the central axis and collect all the OneUP’s components as a single mechanism.
  4. Sensor: It has a capsule inside that dissolves when in contact with water, letting out a spring that activates a sharp point and drills the bottle. This chain reaction starts the float deployment.
  5. TPU: scratch and weather resistant fabric.